VAL: Is there a way to force a full backup?

Backup agent for Linux servers and workstations on-premises or in the public cloud

VAL: Is there a way to force a full backup?

Veeam Logoby hajek » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:34 am

Hello,
Is there an option with VAL to force a full backup, for example, once per week. As I understand it the only backup method for VAL currently is forever forward incremental. We have some concerns about possible backup chain corruption, for example if the system crashes during the full backup file merge. One thought I had was to create a series of backup jobs where each might have 7 restore points and cycle through these (e.g. have 5 backups configured and every week delete and recreate the oldest) in order to create the overall 30 restore point retention that we want while getting a full backup weekly. This seems fairly inefficient and a bit of management overhead so wondering if anyone has any suggestions? Have I missed an option in veeamconfig to force a full?

thanks
hajek
Novice

Liked: never
Full Name: Tomas Hajek

Re: VAL: Is there a way to force a full backup?

Veeam Logoby PTide » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi,

There is no option to create a full backup ATM, however it is on our roadmap for a future release.

Thanks
PTide
Veeam Software

Liked: 262 times

Re: VAL: Is there a way to force a full backup?

Veeam Logoby fluxbox » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:40 am

for the time being you can use 2 different backup jobs for the same object, preferably to 2 different destinations.
and then use cron to run them alternatingly e.g. even/odd date
fluxbox
Novice

Liked: never
Full Name: Randa Dinata

Return to Veeam Agent for Linux