Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
zyrex
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

veeam.ini keep being restored to default?

Post by zyrex »

Hello.
I've had some problems with snapshot overflows and had some help from you to straighten it out.
So what's been done is change some of the values in veeam.ini, which has helped.

The problem now as it seems, is that the file keep being overwritten/restored every night, and then my backups starts failing again.

Do you support using a veeam.local file or any other way of having my own settings?

First line in the file:
# veeam.ini, v2.0.0.400 2018-03-05 05:02:45
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 728 times

Re: veeam.ini keep being restored to default?

Post by PTide »

Hi,
Do you support using a veeam.local file or any other way of having my own settings?
In fact, that's exactly the purpose of veeam.ini. It looks like a bug that is is reset every night, so please contact support team.

Thanks
zyrex
Enthusiast

Post by zyrex »

That's great, the technician I was working with didn't mention this when we altered things in the file.
I've made a veeam.local now with my settings, so hoping it'll be stable from now on.

Thanks, PTide.
zyrex
Enthusiast

Post by zyrex »

Are you sure it's veeam.local in the same folder that is right?
I've made the changes in the file, but the agent doesn't seem do honour them.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 728 times

Post by PTide »

Sorry, I misread you previous post - you don't have to create any veeam.local, all you have to is just edit /etc/veeam/veeam.ini. Even if someone restores default values in veeam.ini the agent won't pick the values until the service is restarted. veeam.ini can also be created anew if for some reason it is not accessible. Anyway the you agent behaves strange, so I suggest you to reopen the case and mentioned all those things to the support technician. Please post your case ID once you do.

Thank you