Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
swappedsr
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Bob

Veeam/San Backup Predicament

Post by swappedsr »

We are currently having an issue with our SAN and currently no snapshots are being processed on this system, which means no Veeam backups are happening. What I want to do is treat our VM's like physical machines, so instead of Veeam backing up the snapshots that our SAN creates, we will be processing snapshots locally on our Veeam repository instead using the Veeam agent. Problem is, I have some old Linux Vm's that are on really old kernels, they don't support the new agents. Is it possible to download an older agent and have it work with Veeam Backup and Replication 9.5 Update 4, which is what we are using? Any help here is much appreciated.

Thanks, Bob
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Re: Veeam/San Backup Predicament

Post by Gostev »

Sure, you can contact our support and they will hook you up with an older agent versions. However, as far as I remember, Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4 only supports 2.x and 3.0 agents. However, you should still be able to use agents in standalone mode. Thanks!