Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
sidse
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Roman Sidler

veeamsnap on openSUSE Leap 42.3

Post by sidse »

Hi
I'm trying to install veeam/veeamsnap on a couple of servers.
I'm confused about the dependencies of veeamsnap.
dkms isn't part of the openSUSE repositories. But openSUSE was specified as supported ...
As far as I understand dkms is used to compile the suitable kernel module.
Where could I get it?
On the other hand, is it possible to compile veamsnap as a kmp-package on the opensuse buildservice,
instead of compiling it on the target systems. We coordinate the changes of kernelversion on our own.

Thanks
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: veeamsnap on openSUSE Leap 42.3

Post by PTide »

Hi,
dkms isn't part of the openSUSE repositories. But openSUSE was specified as supported. As far as I understand dkms is used to compile the suitable kernel module. Where could I get it?
dkms for SLES/openSUSE is available in Packman repository
On the other hand, is it possible to compile veamsnap as a kmp-package on the opensuse buildservice,
instead of compiling it on the target systems. We coordinate the changes of kernelversion on our own.
Sure it is possible and must be more convenient for you given that you coordinate kernel changes on your own! Moreover, the usage of dkms was dictated by the desire to help users to avoid the need to rebuild the module every time their kernels get upgraded.

Thanks