9.5.0.823 is not compatible with veeam agent for windows

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

9.5.0.823 is not compatible with veeam agent for windows

Veeam Logoby f.coraiola » Thu May 04, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi,
today I upgraded 4 windows 7 workstation from VAW 2.0.0.594 to 2.0.0.700 ( rtm version ) . The upgrade was not supported so I before uninstalled the old version and after installed the RTM VERSION.
Everything worked ok Now i need to reconfigure the client backup but when I choose the B&R server as repository and insert the agent user credential it give me the following error:

"Unable to obtain a Veeam for Windows license from the backup server. Veeam and Replication version 9.5.0.823 is notcompatible with Veeam Agent for Windows"

I also try to upload the VAW trial license key on the B&R server but the error remain the same.

What do you suggest to do ?
Thanks.
f.coraiola
Lurker

Liked: never

Re: 9.5.0.823 is not compatible with veeam agent for windows

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Thu May 04, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi,

As per the sticky announcement topic, you do need Veeam B&R 9.5 Update 2 if you want to target VAW jobs to the backup repository. This update is now in pilot stage (distributed via support only), but soon it is going to be available to all users.

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1117 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: 9.5.0.823 is not compatible with veeam agent for windows

Veeam Logoby f.coraiola » Fri May 05, 2017 7:10 am

ok, you are right. I read the sticky announcement and found that the update 2 is needed. So I try to contact the support team to have the update 2 link. Thanks
f.coraiola
Lurker

Liked: never

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows