Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
ByAn
Lurker
Liked: never

A Backup for a new PC to install software

Post by ByAn »

Hello together,
I have the issue that a PC is damage and not ready to repair. But now I want to take the Backup and install it on a new PC. But than have the PC the name from the old PC. Description
The PC PC-001 is broken and I want the Software from PC-001 on the PC-002 so I take the Backup and install it on PC-002.
But than have the PC-002 the Name/ID from the PC-001 and I ask me if there be a methode to Backup the PC-002 with the Software from PC-001 but the Name/ID from PC-002
At the Moment I have to set a local Admin, change the Name from the PC, take the pc out from the domain and put him back.

Do you know a easy way to do this?
Thanks
AnBy
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: A Backup for a new PC to install software

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

Can you please clarify which Veeam product you are using? I assume the Veeam Agent for Windows (I moved your question to that forum), correct?

You can install the software on as many devices as you like (assuming that you use the free edition). If you already have a backup of PC-001, you can restore with bare metal restore (assuming that you backed up the entire machine).

Best regards,
Hannes
Nils
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Nils Petersen

Post by Nils »

The host name is a property configured witin the operating system. It is backed up and restored as is. Simply change the host name as desired after restoring.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

sorry, I don't understand the question.

Can you maybe describe the issue a bit more detailed? A host name change is out of Veeam scope, but should be fine from our side (still assuming that you use the Veeam Agent for Windows. Other products have dependencies on the hostname that need to be edited manually).