Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Brauni79
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Michael Braun

Active Full Backup every week

Post by Brauni79 »

Is it possible to create a job that make a active full backup from my physical machines once a week.
Every friday i want that Veeam Endpoint Backup creates a active full backup from my physical machines. From monday to thursday i only want incremental backups. Next friday Veeam Endponit Backup should create a new active full backup again...and so on.
I wrote a batch-file which renames all vbk-files in the appropriate folder to e.g. vbkold, then i start the backup and it creates a new .vbk-file. After that another batch renames all .vbkold-file in .vbk again.
I tried restoring some files and it did it well.

My Question is: are there other ways to create active full backups (no synthetic) once a week? Is my way recommendable?

Thanks for your help!!!

Best regards,
Michael
JaxIsland7575
Veteran
Liked: 107 times
Full Name: Ryan Jacksland

Re: Active Full Backup every week

Post by JaxIsland7575 »

Welcome to the forums Michael!

Currently it is not possible to schedule fulls and incrementals, it uses a forever forward incremental process. Version 1.5 has brought new scheduling options for the days of the week but not full or incremental options. Keep posting feedback and your use cases and Veeam will always review them for possible inclusion in upcoming updates.

Cheers!
VMCE v9
ChuckS42
Expert
Liked: 27 times
Full Name: Chuck Stevens

Post by ChuckS42 »

Ah, this is disappointing. I, too, need the ability to perform daily Incrementals and weekly Active Fulls. Our backup storage array cannot handle the merge processes that go along with forever-forward incrementals. Ultimately, what I need is the same capability with Endpoint backups that exists for regular B&R VM backups.
Veeaming since 2013
JaxIsland7575
Veteran
Liked: 107 times
Full Name: Ryan Jacksland

Post by JaxIsland7575 »

This is definitely the place to make your case for future enhancements!
VMCE v9
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Guys,

The periodic full backup feature is definitely in the list for possible next version’s improvements. Thanks for the feedback – we are listening very attentively :wink: