Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
SimonGreen
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Simon Green

Agent Exchange backup - Mounting DB's

Post by SimonGreen »

Hi all,

We're currently backing up an Exchange 2010 server via Agent 2.1 and would like to undertake some database recovery testing.

We're running B&R 9.x on the estate but looking at the Agent it doesn't appear to integrate directly with the Exchange Explorer wizard? Do we have to perform a file level restore of an .edb first (to alternative location) and then add to the Exchange Explorer manually?

Regards,

Simon
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Agent Exchange backup - Mounting DB's

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Simon.

It's true that Veeam Agent for Windows does not have Veeam Explorers but you can use Veeam B&R console to perform application item level recovery from agent backups without any issues.
igorafonin
Lurker
Full Name: igor

[MERGED] Physic Exchange 2016 and VEB+VBR

Post by igorafonin »

Good day, sirs
I am new in VEB, havent any experience. Mental question
I try to get answer how do i need a backup exhcange server wich based on physical hardware.
Do exchange admin need a backup exchange db on local disks, or what we need its only get the VEB backup ?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

Hi,

You need to get Veeam Agent for Windows backup only. Please check this article for additional details.

Thanks
igorafonin
Lurker
Full Name: igor

Post by igorafonin »

Ok, i get it, thank you
Additiona question how can i calc RTO with VEB when i need a restore on baremetal ?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

Well, provided that you're not limited by network speed or backup storage read speed, I would assume that the closest approximation would be [the size of a restore point] / [sequential write speed of new HDDs].

If you want to get a more precise figure, I suggest you to perform a test recovery.

Thanks