Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
AngelaR
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Angela Roe

Agent Issues

Post by AngelaR »

I have installed VBR and V1, and yesterday I connected to our SQL server. That wiped my database that I had built. No big worries there, but today I am trying to rebuild it, and I am getting an error when trying to add devices to inventory. the error message is

5/12/2022 12:59:40 :: Skipping ipaddress Details: Failed to acquire agent managed by FQDNservername.com VBR server.

The agent is on the PC's because they were installed yesterday, but today they are failing to talk to the new database I am building.

I did a test and uninstalled 1 of the agents and it ran it ran the scan and installed it. Do I need to uninstall all agents and re-add them?

Support case #05433106

Thanks,
Angela
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2223 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Agent Issues

Post by Mildur »

Hi Angela

Have you tried to restore you VBR configuration database with the configuration backup?
The configuration backup contains all configuration of the vbr server and the configured Agents. It gets created daily at 10AM, if you don't have disabled it.
Helpcenter - Restoring Configuration Database
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
AngelaR
Novice

Post by AngelaR »

Hi Fabian,

I tried what your suggested and the issue persists after the restore. All the restore did was wipe my configuration again. Can I get the agent to talk to the server any other way besides a reinstall of all agents?

Thanks,
Angela
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2223 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Hi Angela

The configuration restore should had helped you to get back the old configuration database before it was "wiped". All the Agents would have reconnected to the old database where they were already registered.
What was the reason of the Wipe? If you take a configuration backup from before the wipe, does the agent connect to the VBR server again?
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
AngelaR
Novice

Post by AngelaR » 1 person likes this post

Hi. This topic can be closed. Issue resolved after another complete reinstall. Thanks!