Application Item Restore from Cloud Repository

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Application Item Restore from Cloud Repository

Veeam Logoby Sand » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi

We cannot restore single application items (exchange, AD, SQL) from an agent backup located on a cloud repository - the opiton "restore application items" is greyed out.
Restore guest files works.

In veeam cloud connect guide the point "Application items restore" has no further explaination nor is it a hyperlink as the others.

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/cloud/cloud_connect_use_cloud_repo.html?ver=95

Are there any limitaions regarding app items restore for agents on cloud repositorys?

Thanks
Sand
Influencer

Liked: never

Re: Application Item Restore from Cloud Repository

Veeam Logoby jameskilbynet » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:36 pm

I am also having this issue. Trying to work out if its a design limitation or if I'm missing something
jameskilbynet
Veeam Vanguard

Liked: 2 times
Full Name: James Kilby

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:00 pm

Hi folks,

Try to run a file level recovery via B&R console, then find the desired database, right click it and you should see the corresponding Explorer option
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 478 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby Sand » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:37 am

Hi

There is no such option when I open the "restore guest files" browser. In fact, the whole restore option is greyed out (but I think this is a known limitaion when restoring agent cloud backups from a B&R Server). I can only "copy to" the files.

We have a B&R Server, a Cloud Connect Server and a Veeam Agent. The agent previously backed up to a local repository on the B&R Server. Now we changed the target of the Agent to Cloud Connect. The Agent Backup files (now stored on the cloud repo) appear on the B&R Server, and this is where I start the restore session from.

When starting the restore from the Agent side I have no option either - but I think the agent does not have an exchange explorer so this is expected.

Or did you mean restoring the database file and then opening this file with the exchange explorer?

Will there be an application item restore option in yesterday launched Veeam Availability Console?

Thanks
Sand
Influencer

Veeam Logoby Sand » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:06 pm

Hi

So, is there a way to restore Application Items (Exchange, AD, SQL) from Agent Backups made to a Cloud Repository?

Thanks
Sand
Influencer

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:35 pm

Sand,

When starting the restore from the Agent side I have no option either - but I think the agent does not have an exchange explorer so this is expected.

True, Agent does not have Explorers with it, try to start File Level Recovery via Backup and Replication console instead (your backup server should be connected with service provider repository used by agent).
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 478 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby Sand » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:45 pm

Hi Dima

I am not looking for file level recovery, I am looking for application item recovery.
I can start guest file restore via backup and Replication console,but I can not start application items restore via backup an replication console.
I also cannot start appliaction items restore from inside the file level recovery (when choosing the sql database for example).

What is the correct way to restore application items (exchange/sql/active directory) from agent backups made to a cloud repository?

Thanks
Sand
Influencer

Veeam Logoby jwarper » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:26 pm

According to the Veeam Agent documentation, you will go through the same process as performing the application restore from the Veeam B&R console. https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95
jwarper
Lurker

Full Name: Joe W

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows