Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Neto2021
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Antonio Salles Neto

available backup index

Post by Neto2021 »

Good morning, I would like to help in the following scenario, I use the agent veeam free for windows, it could not remove the old backups by itself, passing the retention time, I had to manually remove the old backups, but the application still shows these days as available , how can I update the available backup days index.
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Re: available backup index

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi Antonio,

Please provide a support case ID for this issue, as requested when you click New Topic. You can create a Support case for free products.
Also, could you clarify how exactly you tried to remove obsolete backups? Did you use the user guide?

Thanks!
Neto2021
Novice

Post by Neto2021 »

Good afternoon,

I had read this article, I removed the backup going directly to the storage location.

What happens is that when I go into file recovery, it still shows the days of backups that I've already deleted, I'd like to update so that the list doesn't show those days that I manually removed.

Do you know any procedure I can perform to update this index?
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Support might be able to help here, however note that manual intervention into built-in Retention mechanics are never a good idea.
When you need to cleanup excessive restore points, it is best to change job retention and run it once, so that retention will be applied by product, all required database cleanup steps will be done proper way etc.

p.s. if nothing helps, you can always re-create Veeam Agent database. Note that it fully wipes configuration, including product settings, backup jobs, restore points history...

/Thanks!
Neto2021
Novice

Post by Neto2021 »

Good morning, thanks for the information.

I had left my retention at 60 days, when I realized that the storage was almost full, I had 100 days of stored backups, even changing the retention to fewer days, the tool did not delete the old backups.

I made the opening of a call, if I have a return on the case, updated on the forum, thank you.
Neto2021
Novice

Post by Neto2021 »

Good morning, just updating the case, I got the veeam to update the index of the backups.

As I was able to do the full backup on the first Saturday of every month, it didn't delete the old backups, after I unchecked this option it removed from the index the backups that I had manually deleted.

I saw a forum member named @HannesK commenting on something related to this in another topic.

Thanks to everyone who commented on something.