Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
bertanaygun
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Bertan Aygun

Backing up OneDrive folder in Windows Preview builds

Post by bertanaygun »

Has anyone encountered an issue with backing up OneDrive folder in new Windows preview builds? Veeam agent sees the OneDrive folder in folder select dialog but doesn't see subfolders, backup also don't include those files according to backup size.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backing up OneDrive folder in Windows Preview builds

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Bertan,

Have not seen this behavior on my laptop. If you can confirm this behavior, please, open a support case and share the case ID. Cheers.
leakyzinc
Lurker
Full Name: Ross Aveling

Post by leakyzinc »

I am investigating a backup solution to replace CrashPlan which I understand is going away for home use. I have just upgraded to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (16299.19).

I too am seeing the issue where my OneDrive folder appears empty when setting up my File level backup in the Configure Backup app in Veeam and it also doesn't register any backup size when I select it (instead it displays 0.0B). I have two other user accounts on my PC that also use OneDrive and both display this behaviour from within Veeam.

I have confirmed that if I perform a backup of this OneDrive folder only nothing is backed up.

Happy to open a support case but I have to ask; am I entitled to seeing as I'm using the free version of Veeam Agent?

Thanks in advance.
vClintWyckoff
Veteran
Liked: 109 times
Full Name: Clint Wyckoff

Post by vClintWyckoff »

As Dima mentions please open a support case and post the ID here so that we can work to investigate this behavior. Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Been thinking about this potential issue and have a question. Any chance you guys are using ‘Files On-Demand’ feature in latest OneDrive version? Thanks in advance.
leakyzinc
Lurker
Full Name: Ross Aveling

Post by leakyzinc »

Sorry, wasn't sure free users could access support. I've now reported the issue; ID 02354099.

I'm not using Files-On-Demand. I experienced this behaviour before I upgraded to the latest OneDrive client that supports that feature too.

Thanks for the help
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Ross,

Noted. Thanks for sharing the case ID, please keep working with support team and let us know if you need any further assistance. Thanks.