Backup Configuration

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Backup Configuration

Veeam Logoby Neo_123 » Wed May 31, 2017 2:25 pm

Case ID: 02172939

Hello,

I am on the latest build of Windows 10 Build 1703. Its a clean install.

I tried to configure a backup on Veeam Agent (2.0.0.200) but after reaching to the last point "Summary" and I click "Finish" nothing happens. The Control panel its still empty "Backup settings are not configured" . Now If I check the "Run the job when I click Finish" I can see that the backup has started and the .vbk is being created but again the Control Panel is still empty "Backup settings are not configured".

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Neo_123
Novice

Liked: never

Re: Backup Configuration

Veeam Logoby Neo_123 » Wed May 31, 2017 2:47 pm

Veeam support told me through ticket that this is a Windows 10 issue with Culture settings.

My installation of Windows 10 was clean and default language was English United States. Then I switched it to Greek and most probably this cause Veeam to stop working. Switching back to English does not solve it. Support informed me that I had to reinstall OS. no way.
Neo_123
Novice

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:10 am

Hi Neo,

First: Welcome to the forums

I understand that you don't want to reinstall the OS. From what I can see, it looks like the windows 10 with culture settings is something that we need to investigate and see if we can solve this. Did your case got escalated?

Thanks
Mike
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 380 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Veeam Logoby Neo_123 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:59 am

Hello Mike,

Thanks for answering. No it wasn't escalated they just informed me that I need to reinstall OS.

Do you know by any chance if and when a new release will fix this issue?

Thanks
Neo_123
Novice

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:03 am 1 person likes this post

Sorry,

No idea about a fix.
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 380 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:53 pm

We are investigating this issue. I’ll update the thread if we find anything.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 454 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby Anguel » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:33 pm

Hi, I upgraded Veeam Endpoint from 1.5 to Agent 2.0.0.700 (Free edition) on some PCs in the last few days without issue.
But now I installed a fresh 2.0.0.700 on a new laptop with clean Win 10 Pro Creator's Update US-English with German keyboard and installed other software like Office 2016 etc.
Veeam worked fine for a while, I did some backups to my VBR repository, but today suddenly (I don't know for what reason) I started to see the Backup settings are not configured problem in the tray icon. Double-clicking the icon makes Veeam scan and detect repositories etc. then I see all the settings, they are correct, I can modify them etc. but after clicking Finish nothing works: I can't run a backup and the "Backup settings are not configured" is still there. Reinstall of Veeam with deleting the Veeam folder in Program Files did not help.
I have not installed language packs or similar, just a few additional languages and keyboards. Not sure if this might be a problem...
Is there maybe a utility to clean all registry from old Veeam settings so I can start from scratch?
Anguel
Enthusiast

Liked: 6 times

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:24 pm

Anguel,

Please open a support case via Veeam Agent for Windows Control Panel and share the case ID.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 454 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby Anguel » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:41 pm

Ok Dima, I have opened a case.
BTW, I also tried reinstalling the 3 SQL components and even resetting the database as described here
https://tinkertry.com/veeam-endpoint-ba ... base-reset
but without success...

And I see more people are having this strange problem:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Veeam/comments ... _settings/
I should have probably stayed with v1.5...
Anguel
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby Anguel » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:53 pm

Case 02250999
Anguel
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby Anguel » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:40 am

Thanks to Veeam support here is the solution:
https://www.veeam.com/kb2302

Actually we are here in Germany but on that particular notebook I needed an English Windows 10 Pro.
So with Microsoft's media creation tool I created an English (United States) USB installation stick and during install I selected English (United States) for Language but of course German for time and currency format and that ended up in some strange English (Germany) format in Windows region settings. I didn't know such a thing exists...
The other strange thing is that Veeam Agent 2.0 worked ok first, but then (maybe I changed some input languages?) or for whatever reason, the error suddenly appeared.
I think the error will not appear on a fully German Windows...
Anguel
Enthusiast

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows