Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
christiankelly
Service Provider
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Christian Kelly

Backup copy of VEB?

Post by christiankelly »

I am creating a VEB of a physical server into my Veeam repository. I'm trying to find out to make a copy job of that data. Is that possible? Also will pushing a VEB to cloud connect something that's going to be possible in the future?

Thanks,
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Backup copy of VEB?

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Christian,

Once a backup of VEB is landed into your repository, you can create a backup copy job just like you would do for any other backup copy job. That also includes sending it to a VCC.

For your 2nd question: We are working on a few things, can't promise or tell you anything yet, but this is certainly a scenario that we are debating about

Cheers

Mike
christiankelly
Service Provider

Post by christiankelly »

Thanks. One more question, when setting up a VEB it asked for your Veeam server, but it didn't allow a repository other then the small one connected to the Veeam B&R server itself. Is that by design? I have some local repositories I'd like to use but that didn't seem like an option.

Thanks,
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Christian,

The small one (or the default) is the one you need to disable as soon as possible as the rights on that one are too open. It is intended for POC, demo's etc... When you create a new repository, the rights are tight and that is the reason you can't select it.

You need to setup the permissions. You can find the details here: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/endpoint/1 ... itory.html

Mike
christiankelly
Service Provider

Post by christiankelly »

Thank you