Backup in a "Veeam Backup repository"

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Backup in a "Veeam Backup repository"

Veeam Logoby maurizio.genzone » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:31 am

good morning, to make a backup in a veeam backup repository is a prerequisite to have a veeam backup 8 + patch2. Where i find the patch 2?

thanks.
maurizio.genzone
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: maurizio genzone

Re: Backup in a "Veeam Backup repository"

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:50 am

Yes, if you want to test the integration, you should by running update 2. Please find all required information in this topic > [NEW BUILD] Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE RC
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1106 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:51 am

Hi Maurizio,

You can find that link in the announcement post that Anton Gostev did last week http://forums.veeam.com/veeam-endpoint-backup-f33/veeam-endpoint-backup-free-rc-t26694.html

Please note the details in his post, you can't install the patch on a production or existing B&R installation since it is an RC. You need to deploy a new B&R server for this testing

Cheers

Mike
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 362 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Veeam Logoby crashburn162 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:35 am

Hello,

I just downloaded this patch but it says the server needs to be no more than 2 days old. So if I create a new backup server it will let me patch up backup and replication ? Or do I need to uninstall it and install it again.
crashburn162
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Yanko Kurshumov

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:41 am

Yes, this limitation was introduced on purpose (check out the "Important notes" section in the topic I've referenced above). If you want to test the integration, then you should be using a newly deployed Veeam backup server, it can be any existing Windows server.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1106 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows