Backup is in progress... Cancelling...

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Backup is in progress... Cancelling...

Veeam Logoby blacks4 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:33 am

This software used to work properly. Haven't had a successful backup in 2 weeks. Just says "Backup is in progress... Cancelling..." I can't stop it. Exit the program, stop the service, end task, reboot, etc. Every time I start the app, "Backup is in progress... Cancelling...". I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and as soon as I brought it back up, "Backup is in progress... Cancelling...". WTF??? Please help. I even tried to email technical support though the built-in report an issue function but get an error every time I click "Submit case".
blacks4
Novice

Liked: never

Re: Backup is in progress... Cancelling...

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:28 pm

Hi,

Check your antivirus exclusions – that’s might be blocking VEB from working correctly. To identify the root cause of this issue please Collect and share with me the following information:

- The full logs from C:\ProgramData\Veeam
- Windows Event logs from windows event viewer (Custom View > Administrative events)

Pack and send it to me via any available cloud storage (Dropbox/Google Drive/OneDrive etc)
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 440 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backup is in progress... Cancelling...

Veeam Logoby blacks4 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:54 pm

Sorry, I got anxious and couldn't wait: Uninstalled the software and deleted all files and registry entries containing "veeam", then reinstalled and it's working properly now (it better!). If it happens again, I'll update this ticket and send you the logs.
blacks4
Novice

Liked: never

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows