Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
blacks4
Novice
Liked: never

Backup is in progress... Cancelling...

Post by blacks4 »

This software used to work properly. Haven't had a successful backup in 2 weeks. Just says "Backup is in progress... Cancelling..." I can't stop it. Exit the program, stop the service, end task, reboot, etc. Every time I start the app, "Backup is in progress... Cancelling...". I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and as soon as I brought it back up, "Backup is in progress... Cancelling...". WTF??? Please help. I even tried to email technical support though the built-in report an issue function but get an error every time I click "Submit case".
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backup is in progress... Cancelling...

Post by Dima P. »

Hi,

Check your antivirus exclusions – that’s might be blocking VEB from working correctly. To identify the root cause of this issue please Collect and share with me the following information:

- The full logs from C:\ProgramData\Veeam
- Windows Event logs from windows event viewer (Custom View > Administrative events)

Pack and send it to me via any available cloud storage (Dropbox/Google Drive/OneDrive etc)
blacks4
Novice

Post by blacks4 »

Sorry, I got anxious and couldn't wait: Uninstalled the software and deleted all files and registry entries containing "veeam", then reinstalled and it's working properly now (it better!). If it happens again, I'll update this ticket and send you the logs.
MarsBaby
Influencer

Post by MarsBaby »

Hey, I have this same problem:
Backup is in progress...
Cancelling...
[ Cancel button grayed out ]
In my case external NAS with iSCSI target went down and then as it was powered up again it got assigned different IP address by the router. Because of that the drive (Veeam destination) wasn't mapped and Veeam couldn't find the destination folder.
Now I resolved the iSCSI problem, drive is mapped again (as X: on Windows) but Veeam seems it cannot refresh it and is stuck. What should I do to fix it?

I tried to submit this issue over Veeam's 'Support -> Technical Support' but when I click 'Submit Case' I see 'Collecting logs' and then 'One or more errors occurred'. So report has not been sent.
Hafen Deggendorf
Novice
Full Name: Werner Soukup

Post by Hafen Deggendorf »

We use VEEAM Backup& Replication and VEEAM Agent for MS Windows.
We use VEEAM Agent for an easy copy of HyperV-Servers. On the HyperV-Server - running Veeam Backup & Replication - the Agent is also startet. Since the first time it should be stopped the Agent shows "Canceling" but never stops.
VEEAM Agent for MS Windos App was deletet several times and every time the server was rebootet and the newest version - now 3.0.2.1170 - was installed and started - it shows "Canceling" immediately again.
What´s to do to get it work properly and message "Canceling" disappears?
In HKLM\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows\ManagedMode the keys "ManagedMode" and "UpdateDate" are faulty and cannot be deletet - is this ok?
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Werner,
Please raise a support case from the product UI and share the case ID.

MarsBaby,
Sorry it seems that I've missed your last reply. If you still having the issue please PM me your contact details and I'll ask support team to reach you.
Hafen Deggendorf
Novice

There is no chance for me to report an issue within VEEAM Agent for MS Windows since I tried for 3 Days.
I use my valid email - its looking up my email-adress and tells me "Verification email sent".
But I never got one; I clicked about 20 times "Resend activation email" and "Update status" but I never got an activation mail.

The button "Submit Case" is/was not/never activated.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Have you checked the spam/junk folder? I've seen false positive detection several times, so that might be the reason.
Hafen Deggendorf
Novice

Junk ist emty.
Got mails from VEEAM Community Forums - "Welcome to ..." or "New password activation" - also directly from support@veeam.com .
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Werner,

Please PM me you contact details (email address) and I'll ask support team to reach you. Cheers!
justmax
Veeam Software
Full Name: Maxim Bogachev

Post by justmax »

If your Veeam Agent is stuck on Cancelling..., restarting Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows service should help.
ftcnet
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Bernard Klatt

Post by ftcnet »

Updated a client to VAW 3.0.2 and see the same "Cancelling.. " status. Tried justmax suggestion to restart Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows, but it makes no difference. System restart makes no difference.
Tried submitting a support case but get the "One or more errors occurred" message.
david.billy
Lurker

Post by david.billy »

Hello,

i know this forum is not the place to open a support case but i have been facing that issue for more than a month and i cannot contact support from the Agent's interface as it always fails ("one or more errors occurred"). system restarts, service restarts and app re-installations did not help.

thanks for putting me in the right direction or the proper channels.