Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
gointern
Lurker
Liked: never

Backup over the internet

Post by gointern »

Hello,

We are evaluating Veeam. I am interested in alternatives for using Veeam Agent for Windows to backup servers and computer across many networks, meaning different clients. Documentation clearly stated that 1.5 Veeam Agent does not work over NAT, looked at 2.0 and 2.1 documentation and did not find that notice in the same place. So I went ahead installed and long behold, Veeam Agent tries to connect to computer's gateway. Contacted support and they show me ** notice that even the newest versions do not support NAT.

So what are the alternatives? How would I go about backup up multiple different clients? Maybe somebody already came across a solution?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backup over the internet

Post by Dima P. »

Hello and welcome to the community gointern.

Indeed Veeam Agent for Windows operating in Free edition is designed for local targets (or local networks). However if you switch agent to paid edition (you can get a trail license with the product download) you can use Veeam Cloud Connect repository as a target with is designed specifically for backup over internet. Additionaly with paid version you can use Microsoft OneDrive as backup repository, but please keep in mind that this is available for workstations only.

P.S. Do not forget to download and there the latest version of Veeam Agent for Windows from our website as version 1.5 is a bit outdated.