Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
extern.Luzemar
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Julio Goncalves

Backup slow

Post by extern.Luzemar »

Hi

i need help, i undestand about just TSM and Backup for VE

in my veeam, i have in the same host one machine with cbt every backup day finish in 7 ~ 30 minutes 100 gb or more,
and i have a problem in my file server have 8 disk 1.1 TB, every day this backup still 30~35 hours i dont know why every day need read a all the disk and copy the incremental, i dont know how works veeam flag copy and i dont know this is it sure, and i dont know nothing about troubleshooting in veeam.

can some one help me please ?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2727 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Backup slow

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Julio,

Can you please tell me what backup mode you are using in Veeam Agent job settings? Also, what is your Veeam Agent version?

Thank you!
extern.Luzemar
Novice

Post by extern.Luzemar »

Dear Vitaly

Follow links image:
https://pasteboard.co/HUT11y9.jpg
https://pasteboard.co/HUT1kc6.jpg

and many erros like this
04/01/2019 09:34:12 :: Processing FSBRSPSA3052 Error: Failed to connect to storage. Maximum number of opened connections cannot exceed 60. Storage: DFC-FSBRSPSA3092, User: veeamFailed to download disk.Reconnectable protocol device was closed.Failed to upload disk.Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}.

i think many jobs execute simutaly is a problem for veeam, pending jobs at 18 hours
many disk read so slow

how to check veeam agent version ?

Veeam backup & Replication 9.5
Version 9.5.0.1536

License information
agent for windows
Agents ( Server ) 100 ( 10 used )
agents ( workstation) 40 ( 1 used)
agent for linux
agents ( server ) ( 2 used )
agents workstation 40 ( 0 used)
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Julio.

According to the screenshot you are referring to Backup Copy job and not actual agent backup process, is that correct? May I ask what is the source and target repository for your backup copy jobs and how they are connected? I do see a lot of backup copy jobs running in parallel, so you might simply reach the performance of your target storage (as bottleneck analytics states that target is the bottleneck).
extern.Luzemar
Novice

Post by extern.Luzemar »

Dima

How i check this?

in storage infrastructure show me just my HPE 3Par

in backup repositories
https://pasteboard.co/HUTiLmA.jpg
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

You can run a quick test - disable other backup copy jobs with the same repository as a target and compare the performance (or run single backup copy with agents when other backup copy jobs are inactive). I believe there should be a way to check the performance during the backup via HPE 3Par console as well.
extern.Luzemar
Novice

Post by extern.Luzemar »

all backup from retation go to DataDomain
Fibre throughput is good
https://pasteboard.co/HUTIou7.jpg
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 730 times

Post by PTide »

If I may chime in...

This thing:
and many erros like this
04/01/2019 09:34:12 :: Processing FSBRSPSA3052 Error: Failed to connect to storage. Maximum number of opened connections cannot exceed 60. Storage: DFC-FSBRSPSA3092, User: veeamFailed to download disk.Reconnectable protocol device was closed.Failed to upload disk.Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}.
Looks pretty much like DD limitation. At this point I'd suggest to contact our support team so they can confirm or disprove that.

Thanks!