Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
muntedewok
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Chris Morgan

Backup to repository failed

Post by muntedewok » 1 person likes this post

Hi guys,

I'm sure this has been covered off before however I'm not having any luck with any of the articles I've viewed so far.

I have a proxy/VBR/One/ server configured on a subnet of 10.13.13.0/24. I have a NAS on the same network which I'm using as the configured repository. Any and all backups on this subnet work correctly and without issue.

Now, I have a physical test machine on a different subnet, 192.168.254.0/25 (private network) which is able to route to the 10.13.13.0/24 (domain network) subnet no worries. I can setup the Endpoint agent backup without any issues and it is able to connect to the proxy, see the repository and allocate this as the backup destination no problem.

As soon as I run the job, on the VBR I can see that the job was initiated, however it fails within about a minute of being started. It doesn't matter if I connect to the repository configured as CIFS of SMB, always fails. There is no firewall between the 2 subnets and as far as I can tell all relevant ports are open. I just keep getting the error message:

17/11/2017 2:38:18 PM :: Error: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.13.13.32:2500

The error in itself is interesting as well I might add, as I can't telnet port 2500 on the server from even the 10.13.13.0/24 subnet yet the backups on that segment work fine.

Has anyone else had this experience before and how did you overcome it?

-Chris
muntedewok
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Chris Morgan

Re: Backup to repository failed

Post by muntedewok »

Resolved, please close
Allin
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Anton

Post by Allin »

muntedewok wrote:Resolved, please close
Hi, can you share how did you fix this? thx
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Anton,

The error is very generic, so I can provide any update on this (this could be wrong credentials, connectivity issue or IP/Host name resolution issue). Please open a support case and let our support team investigate your debug logs. Do not forget to share the case ID. Thank you.
JTT
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: JTT

Post by JTT »

muntedewok wrote:Resolved, please close
What was the fix??