Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
dbain
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Daniel Bain

Boot Disc

Post by dbain »

Hello,

I am wondering if you need to have one recovery boot disc for every installation that is used. If I have this installed on five machines, will I need to have five recovery boot discs, and keep track of which machine they belong to?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Boot Disc

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Daniel,
Generally, it’s recommended to create recovery media for every type of the OS you are using in your environment. If you want a “unified” recovery media for multiple computers that run the same OS make sure they have the same hardware configurations – otherwise do not collect the drivers during the recovery media creation process and load them manually during bare metal recovery.
dbain
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Daniel Bain

Post by dbain »

So, just so I understand perfectly, a boot disc created on a win7 install of VEB, would not work with a win8 recover?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

It depends on the set of drivers and hardware used for creating the recovery media. Every particular case should be verified first. Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Some drivers from windows 7 might not be compatible with windows 8.1 and in case they are injected upon recovery it may lead to system conflicts. That’s why you can uncheck the box ‘collect storage and network drivers’ in the recovery media creation wizard and load the drivers from installation media while booted the Veeam Recovery Media.