Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
MarsBaby
Influencer
Liked: never

Brand new Veeam Agent install - use old backups destination

Post by MarsBaby »

I had Veeam Agent stuck on 'Backup in progress... Canceling...' that I couldn't fix. So I uninstalled it and then installed again from scratch. I also set 'Recreatedatabase' entry to 1 in regedit.exe. That resulted in fresh Veeam Agent installation.

Previously my backup destination directory was X:\VeeamBackups\job1. Now as I created brand new job, I named it 'job1' but Veeam Agent instead of using same old X:\VeeamBackups\job1 directory - it created brand new empty directory X:\VeeamBackups\job1_1

How do I force Veeam Agent to use old job1 directory that already contains 12 months of backup files?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Brand new Veeam Agent install - use old backups destination

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

Hello MarsBaby,
I had Veeam Agent stuck on 'Backup in progress... Canceling...' that I couldn't fix. So I uninstalled it and then installed again from scratch. I also set 'Recreatedatabase' entry to 1 in regedit.exe. That resulted in fresh Veeam Agent installation.
Usually cancel issue is related to the VSS snapshot deletion issue, to re-installation might not help. I'd recommend to open a support case next time you see this problem.
How do I force Veeam Agent to use old job1 directory that already contains 12 months of backup files?
Try to move all existing backup files to newly created X:\VeeamBackups\job1_1 directory. Backup files should be detected automatically during next job run. Cheers!
MarsBaby
Influencer
Liked: never

Post by MarsBaby »

@Dima I tried sending support ticket but Veeam Agent wouldn't send anything - it just did 'Collecting logs...' and then 'One or more errors occurred'.

Could I just rename old job1 directory into job1_1 and call it a day?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

MarsBaby,
it just did 'Collecting logs...' and then 'One or more errors occurred'.
There were some issue from support portal side last week. Should work now.
Could I just rename old job1 directory into job1_1 and call it a day?
That should work as well (basically you need to store old backup files at the backup job location). Cheers!