Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
RobR
Lurker
Liked: never

Can I create two simultaneous backup jobs?

Post by RobR »

I am using the free edition. Can I create two separate backup jobs, one backing up the entire image and the other backing up selected files? From what I see on the configure screen, it looks like I can only have one type of backup.
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Can I create two simultaneous backup jobs?

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Rob and welcome to the community!

No, that's not possible in the current version of the product.
However, it's a top priority feature for the next updates. Thanks!
RobR
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by RobR »

Thanks for your reply. I hope that next update happens soon. It's disappointing that I can't do it. While the main reason I have for using Veeam is to have a complete image backup in case of an operating system crash or theft or destruction of my computer, having individual file backups in case important files get accidentally deleted is also very important to me.
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Post by DGrinev »

At the moment we have a feature in the latest version of Veeam B&R called Agent Management, which allows you to manage agents through the Veeam backup server, also you can create as many backup jobs as you need.
However, you need a paid Agent license in order to utilize this functionality. Thanks!