Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
netmation
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Albert

Can not find Windows ADK

Post by netmation »

Just installed new Veeam Agent. Trying to Create Recovery Media, and get Windows Components Missing message. I installed the Windows ADK from Microsoft web site, using a Win10 Pro computer 1903 release. Still get same message asking me to browse the Windows installation media path.

Any ideas. I did open up a support issue ID# 03762684.

Thanks, Al
ejenner
Veteran
Liked: 100 times
Full Name: EJ

Re: Can not find Windows ADK

Post by ejenner »

Is there possibly an elevation issue? Is the 'Run as Administrator' option available?

If you can manage this job from a Backup and Replication server (veeam server) then there is the ability to create a recovery .iso from the B&R console. Is this a managed job or standalone?
netmation
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Albert

Re: Can not find Windows ADK

Post by netmation »

Saw some other posts on this. I cloned the drive to a new drive in the PC and during the process is apparently messed up something with WinRE that is discussed in other posts. Looks to be a lot of trial and error to fix, so I gave up and just decided to stick with the older drive. Probably not a Veeam problem but maybe a problem with the EaseUS cloning product. Sorry for my confusion.