Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
fkckbrown
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Kyle Brown

Can't see Veeam Repositories

Post by fkckbrown »

I am trying to setup Veeam Endpoint to backup to our Veeam Repository, but I can only see the default. I know I have to set the permissions on the repository and I have changed it from deny everyone to a specific account. When I couldn't see it that way, I changed it to everyone to see if I could see it. With both methods, I was unable to see the repository. As a test, I set the default to deny and I stopped seeing that one. Changed it back to everyone and I could see it again.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or am I missing something?

Also, the Technical Support on the Endpoint backup isn't working. I registered my email address, got the email, clicked the link to validate my email address (and it confirmed I was validated), and when I click the update status (or reenter my email) it says I am not registered. Since it believes I am not registered, I can not submit my issue.
fkckbrown
Enthusiast

Re: Can't see Veeam Repositories

Post by fkckbrown »

It is now showing my email as being active. Must have just taken the system a while to process.
JaxIsland7575
Veteran
Liked: 107 times
Full Name: Ryan Jacksland

Post by JaxIsland7575 » 1 person likes this post

Kyle,
As long as you are connecting with the same user that you set permissions for, it should work. Please follow up and post the Case ID so it can be tracked.

Cheers!
VMCE v9
fkckbrown
Enthusiast

Post by fkckbrown »

As it turns out, the Scale-Out Repository is not supported by the Endpoint backup (even though I can set the permissions on the Scale-Out Repository for the Endpoint backup). It also does not appear to work with HP StoreOnce device either. The Case ID is 01832705.

It was suggested that I do a Feature Request. I would have expected the software to be able to work with all of the repositories I can setup with Veeam.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi,
to a specific account
Is that an active directory account? Can you PM me your email address used for support registration – I’ll ask support guys to check. Thanks.
fkckbrown
Enthusiast

Post by fkckbrown »

Dima P. wrote:Hi,
Is that an active directory account? Can you PM me your email address used for support registration – I’ll ask support guys to check. Thanks.
The email address is working now, it just took it a little while to process. I have already talked with support and found out the repository I want to use is not supported by the Endpoint software.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Glad to hear you were able to reach our support crew. Was that a Scale out backup repository?
fkckbrown
Enthusiast

Post by fkckbrown »

Yes it was.