Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
techrx
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: James Trautner

configure windows agent to go to local storage and a cloud connect proivder?

Post by techrx »

Hello getting started with Veeam, have quite a few small clients with windows server, installing the agent and having it go to local usb storage/nas storage, but would like to also send a backup job to a cloud connect provider?

Is that possible, so far when configuring the backup job i only get one option of where to point it too... Maybe i'm missing something simple?

Thanks

-James
falkob
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 31 times
Full Name: Falko Banaszak

Re: configure windows agent to go to local storage and a cloud connect proivder?

Post by falkob »

Hi James,

due to my knowledge there is actually no option to schedule multiple Jobs to multiple targets.
But the wish came up here on the forum several times and a feature request exists, as far as i know.

There are several workarounds to achieve your goal. One described here.

https://www.virtualtothecore.com/en/sen ... d-connect/

Best Regards !
Falko
VCP6.5-DCV, VCP6-DCV, VMCE, VMCA, Veeam Vanguard, VMware vExpert
https://www.virtualhome.blog
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: configure windows agent to go to local storage and a cloud connect proivder?

Post by wishr »

Hi James,

Welcome to Veeam Community forums!

Cloud Connect feature is available on Workstation and Server editions of Veeam Agent for Windows (VAW). In order to connect to a Cloud provider environment, you have to find a Cloud vendor first.

Also, I would recommend you to take a look at that article describing the backup configuration process.

Should you have any additional questions, just let us know!
techrx
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: James Trautner

Post by techrx »

Interesting i will check out that link, i was wondering if there was some sort of command line option, thank you so much

-James