Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Basbei
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Sebastien Hausammann

Create Recovery Media from Windows Agent backed up in VCC

Post by Basbei »

Hi everyone,

I have a question concerning the possibility to create a recovery media directly from backups stored on VCC (on the provider side).
As mentioned in the new version of Veeam Agents for Windows - version 2.1, it is now possible to create recovery media from (full) backup.

I juste have upgraded my agents on the VAC portal to the latest version. I am using a VBR server on the tenant side - which is also connected to the same cloud provider (I can perform restore tasks directly from there).
My question is : how can I create this recovery media ? I have an option on the VBR server, when right clicking on the backup of my agent - but the "Create revovery media" button is greyed out.
Do I have to run/force an active full backup on the agent side to be able to create the recovery media ?
Otherwise what are the possibility offered to me to perform a disaster recovery backup (when I have no access anymore to the VM running the agent...) ?

Thanks for your help :)

Have a very nice evening & best regards,

Sebastien
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Create Recovery Media from Windows Agent backed up in VC

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Basbei.
As mentioned in the new version of Veeam Agents for Windows - version 2.1, it is now possible to create recovery media from (full) backup.
This functionality is available for backup agents managed by Veeam B&R console. Thank you.