First of all, at last I have a backup of my laptop ! So thank you.
Regarding the software:
- nice UI using modern flat design
- no error during first use
- pretty fast (35Mb/s to an USB2 drive)
I see two things that could be great :
1) removing the SQL Server instance and replacing it with something more flat. Do you really need a SQL Engine for desktop backup ? I assume it comes from the software design of Veeam B&R. The persistence layer could be file based for such load (I think, I may be wrong).
2) storing settings and job configuration into the system registry, thus we could deploy configuration and jobs through Windows group Policy (with a Veeam admx file).
That's all, for the moment
Keep up the good work.
Veeamizing your IT since 2009/ Vanguard 2015,2016,2017