Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Brian705
Lurker
Liked: never

Desktop Agent Scheduling Question

Post by Brian705 »

Hello, we are trying to setup the Veeam Desktop Agent Free as an evaluation but I have a question.

We are hoping to simply perform a full monthly backup to a network drive. I setup the backup configuration to backup the Full Computer, choose Shared Folder and point to our NAS. The credentials are correct, I then go in to Advanced and choose Create Active Full Backups Periodically for every month. I don't choose anything on the schedule options, when I select Finish it states in the summary that a backup will be performed monthly, but then the system tray icon states that the job is not scheduled to run automatically and the backup did not occur the next day as configured.

As the schedule options only give weekly/daily options for backups, I'm wondering what the simplest way is to just schedule a monthly backup and keep the previous backup for 45 days for some overlap. I'd greatly appreciate any assistance, thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Desktop Agent Scheduling Question

Post by Gostev »

Hello, you will want to be evaluating the Server edition of the Veeam Agent. Get a trial license to check it out, as this edition has the server-focused scheduler you need. Thanks!
Brian705
Lurker
Liked: never

Re: Desktop Agent Scheduling Question

Post by Brian705 »

Hi, thanks for the quick response. We're just trying to see if the free version works for us at this time and I'm trying to keep the backups to a minimum, so I was hoping there was a simple way to do this. Could I achieve a similar result by having the backups set to keep for 30 days and scheduling the backup weekly on say a Sunday, if I'm reading this right it would then perform the first backup as a Full then perform an incremental weekly after that until the 30 days have past?