Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
jannikahoi
Lurker
Liked: never

Disable scheduled Backups with cli or script

Post by jannikahoi »

Hallo Community,

id like to pause all scheduled backups over a cli or script. I found out that there is a veeam powershell module but that is only compatible and availble with Veeam Backup & Replication 11. I checked all of veeams registry entries but had no luck there to find an option to pause or disable backups. I am aware of the checkbox under the control panel to disable scheduled backups. Is there a way to do it with the configuration exe? or is there a simple command or syntax that isnt documented anywhere?

Thank you!

edit: I need to pause all Backup Jobs for a remote ps script which upgrades the windows version and i dont want any backups to interfere with that. Best would be: Pause backup schedule until next restart
jorgedlcruz
Veeam Software
Liked: 617 times
Full Name: Jorge de la Cruz

Re: Disable scheduled Backups with cli or script

Post by jorgedlcruz » 1 person likes this post

Hello,
I am not aware of any CLI for the standalone Veeam Agent for Windows, I could take a look internally and let you know. If I were you, I would probably play with the Windows Services, stop, and disable them, take a look at the official PowerShell command for this: Please let us know if this workaround will be enough for now.

Thanks!
Jorge de la Cruz
Senior Product Manager | Veeam ONE @ Veeam Software

@jorgedlcruz
https://www.jorgedelacruz.es / https://jorgedelacruz.uk
vExpert 2014-2024 / InfluxAce / Grafana Champion
jannikahoi
Lurker
Liked: never

Re: Disable scheduled Backups with cli or script

Post by jannikahoi »

Hey jorgedlcruz,
thank you for that super fast answer! The approach with disableing the windows service should work for me.

Thank you and have a nice day!