Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
harbyvV
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Norbert Hartung

EMAIL notification

Post by harbyvV »

HAllo,
I have a physical W10 machine with Veem Agent Free. Daily backups are done here on different USB drives. I am not on site. I only get the e-mails from the agent.
I can't see if the USB drives are really changed. Can I configure this in the EMAIL notification? I do not see any possibility.
Thank you.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: EMAIL notification

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi.

Backup target is not reflected in email notification.
Added your idea as a potential improvement in future versions.

/Thanks!
harbyvV
Novice

Post by harbyvV »

Thanks
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran
Liked: 58 times

Post by AlexLeadingEdge »

You might like to have a look at Swithmail, it is a free program that can run a command line batch file and send the results via SMTP, so you could run a DIR /s on the USB drive and get it to email it to yourself. You'd know by the last modified date if the drive has been changed.

You can also use USB Drive Letter Manager (USBDLM) to fix your USB drives all to the same drive letter.
harbyvV
Novice

Post by harbyvV »

Thanks for the input. I already use USBDLM. Yes of course there are ways to get the information about the used USB disk. But it increases the effort to control the backups.
But the easiest way would be if the info is in the status mail and I am happy that it will be realized in one of the next versions.