Restoring Surface 3 error

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Re: Restoring Surface 3 error

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:22 am

Thanks for the heads up. The main idea is to clean the disk layout (instead of just deleting the volume): your Surface device may have a factory partition which remains locked even though you’ve deleted the system volume, so either disabling Bitlocker or diskpart with clean all prior recovery saves the day. Let me know how it goes next time you perform a recovery. Cheers!
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 440 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby clipper87 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:52 am

Had the same issue with bare metal recovery on my surface pro 3 (w10): it all worked flawlessly when I first used it on a single partition install (only drive C) , next I reinstalled the SP3 and created 3 partitions, next I decided to restore the previous single partition image (c drive only) and that failed with the same error although I did a manual restore & erased the disk within the veeam tool. Diskpart clean did not help. I reinstalled a single partition configuration, recreated a recovery media + made a backup. Now it works again. beats me. Testing takes a lot of time & for now all works again as expected for me but something is going on here so I thought I'd just let you know.
clipper87
Novice

Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Frank B

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:29 pm

Hi Frank,

Sometimes you need to manually unlock the target drive like described in this article.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 440 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Previous

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows