Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
levyston
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: LALLO LEVYSTON ANTONIO ALVES DA COSTA

Erro: Failed to create snapshot

Post by levyston »

I'm using a laptop with windows 10 (home edtion), when i tried to do the first backup job its fail and shows the message: "erro:failed to create snapshot: backup failed. dicovery phase failed. cannot add volumes to the snapshot set. Volume name [\\?\Volume{06678e9b0-b30e..." I don't know what this volume volume is, maybe a system volume. I've tried many solutions from comunity however it still isn't working.

Can somebady help me please?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Erro: Failed to create snapshot

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Levyston,

Please open the control panel, go to support and log a support case. You can find the procedure here: https://www.veeam.com/blog/technical-su ... -free.html

It is going to be difficult to figure out what is wrong without looking through the logs. Note that support is free also, but we don't provide an SLA as explained in the blog also

Brgds,
Mike
levyston
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: LALLO LEVYSTON ANTONIO ALVES DA COSTA

Post by levyston »

Thanks, I opened a support case, "Your support case number is 02123348. We will be in touch with you soon."
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Great! As said, we don't deliver an SLA with endpoint (but soon there will be paid editions with 24/7 support subscriptions and so on). Keep us informed about the outcome

Thanks
Mike