Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
quicksilver1663
Novice
Liked: never

Error opening VBK Case #05098556

Post by quicksilver1663 »

I am having trouble opening the Full Backup from our server using Veeam for MS Windows. When I double click the full 300+gb backup VBK files it opens a window for me to choose the date (incremental); so I choose 2 days ago. It then appears to try to open in File restore but gives me the error of "some errors occurred. Please see log file for more information".
I have looked through C:\Program Files\Veeam and cannot find any log files. Any advice? The version on the server is probably older than the agent I just downloaded to try to restore the data. That should not matter though I hope.
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Re: Error opening VBK Case #05098556

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi,

I see you haven't attached any log files to your case. You can follow this guide to gather the logs.

Thanks!
quicksilver1663
Novice

Thanks. I have attached the logs as per the article you linked. Cheers.
quicksilver1663
Novice

My case was automatically closed and archived. Is paid support better than this?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

quicksilver1663,

With paid support you get the SLA for case response time and all the cases are reviewed and resolved. Free support is provided at best effort and based on resource availability.

Based on the description the issue might be related to the backup file location. Any chance you are using file share to store your backups? Have you tried to open the backup via file level restore wizard instead of double clicking the backup? Thank you!