Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
frankive
Service Provider
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: Frank Iversen

Re: Error: Sequence contains no elements

Post by frankive »

Veeam support suggest I install the veeam server on a separate vm instead of on the hyper-v serve itself.
with customers running Windows Server Essentials (1vm licensed) this is not an option.
Any chance this can be solved with a patch (I know veeam does not support installing the veeam server itself on a hyper-v host though....) but on very small customers we have done this in 10+ years without issues, so it is a "huge" change for us.

Would it be better to just start protecting these servers with a veeam agent inside the vm? and use VBR on the hyper-v server for more advanced restore purposes. with veeam agent being able to do direct to object storage jobs it seems like it could be "this is the way".
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hi Frank

We have listed the bug to fix. But no ETA when a patch will be released.
If we provide the patch that fixes the problem with the "backup server listed twice as a managed server", your customers with the "all-in-one installation" should also benefit from the patch.
However, I do not see any way to get a private hotfix for an unsupported installation sooner.

Agent Backups can be an alternative. It's just 1 VM to protect.
I also suggest to talk to your customer and telling them about the unsupported scenario.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
MEEMxyz
Novice
Liked: 2 times

Post by MEEMxyz »

Just to share that I also had this error when upgraded to version 12 and I used the workaround. I followed the above steps, so summarize, I went to "Backup Infrastructure" -> "Backup Repositories" and there selecting the destination properties, "Share" tab, I indeed moved from "Automatic Selection" to "Use the Following Server" and selected my actual Backup Server and all worked again perfectly fine. Thanks for the help!
Steve-nIP
Service Provider
Liked: 52 times
Full Name: Steve

Post by Steve-nIP »

I just saw this too. Very unfortunate, as it looked like it was Cloud Connect, because the initial backup job worked, just not the copy! Manual selection of the gateway on the SMB share later, and everything was working.