Error: Unable to perform entire computer backup to an intern

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Error: Unable to perform entire computer backup to an intern

Veeam Logoby adamdevey » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:18 pm

Hello,
Thanks for the free software guys!

I have just got a new SSD to replace my HDD and I want a backup so in case my SSD was to fail I could just restore my computer again if needed.
The HDD is in my laptop in a HDD Mount,
I am trying to setup the backup...
Entire computer -> Local Storage -> HDD Drive (D:) ->Schedule Options -> Error: Unable to perform entire computer backup to an internal disk
Now I read online that you suggested Volume level backup in this case but I am unsure as to weather I could restore my computer on a brand new hard drive that way? Would the computer be just like it was if it was backed up?
Also if I got a virus but did not have a restore point for instance and I wanted to recover it to a point when I did not have the virus and the latest backup version had the virus is there a way to go back to a certain time? Thank you in advance and I hope I am making sense.

My support case number is 02013281.
adamdevey
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Adam Devey

Re: Error: Unable to perform entire computer backup to an in

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:13 pm

Hello Adam,

Entire computer backup to the internal volume is not recommended because in case of hard drive failure you will lose you all backup files, thus we have this limitation. Volume level backup is a possible workaround, just select all volumes including the system partition. Bare Metal Recovery will work in such case too, but please keep in in mind that it’s not a recommended scenario.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 454 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows