Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
rfink13
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Richard Fink

Exchange backups disappeared

Post by rfink13 »

Case # 03495767 -- This morning I went to perform a mailbox restore and all of the exchange backups were gone.

I checked the Veeam log on the BR server and there was 28 entries for "10050 -- Restore point for VM 'wc-mailbox-win1' has been removed according to the configured retention policy. BTW the configured retention policy is 75 storage points. (15 weeks assuming five backups per week).

We just started using Veeam recently so 28 restore points was pretty much everything.

I sent the agent and server logs to support.

Did anyone experience this issue? I can't believe that as long as Veeam's been around that I'm the first one. If so, how was it resolved or am I out of luck?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Exchange backups disappeared

Post by Dima P. »

Hello rfink13,

Can you please check if the case ID is correct? I do see that mentioned case but it contains different description. Thank you in advnace!
rfink13
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Richard Fink

Post by rfink13 »

Case # 03495757 -- Sorry it was a typo.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Can you please clarify the following:

1. How many restore points you see in Veeam B&R console for this backup file?
2. How many backup files you see on your repository (via regular file explorer)?
3. This backup job still exists, right? If it does, can you check you current retention value and you current backup schedule configuration and update this thread with the results.

Thank you in advance!