Feature Request - Email Report on Success or Fail

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

[MERGED] Notification email backup

Veeam Logoby Anunzia » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:05 am

Hello,
I´m using endpoint backup free (with destination usb drive) and I can´t see notifications of correct, fail... job backup, is possible to do any notificacion with this version?
Thanks
Anunzia
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Jaume

Re: Notification email backup

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:14 am

Email notifications are not available in the standalone product. You should be using integration with VBR to get them. Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1158 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Feature Request - Email Report on Success or Fail

Veeam Logoby cloggy » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:50 am 1 person likes this post

You can achieve this by using Eventlog Inspector (free for non-commercial use).
cloggy
Enthusiast

Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Dick Hoogendoorn

[MERGED] Email notifications

Veeam Logoby turkerol » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:02 pm

veeam endpoint backup email notifications series?
error or we can send notifications as email tasks accomplished?
turkerol
Novice

Full Name: Erol TÜRK

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:07 pm

There is indeed no such functionality in the product, so your post is treated as a feature request. You might want to check possible workarounds desribed here. Thanks!
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 482 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby TRMUpstage » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:11 pm

Having email to show backup success or failure is essential when dealing with hundreds of computers. I'd love to have this feature added. I would think that it would be very simple to implement. If not email, a simple popup on the screen to show that the backup was successful would be very helpful as well. This is the main reason I have not started using this product across our domain. I have no way to monitor it.
TRMUpstage
Novice

Full Name: Tom McKeown

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:33 pm

Hi Tom,

Fair, in other hand if you are using Veeam B&R repository as a target destination you get global email notification as a part of this integration. Thanks.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby KevinM » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:10 pm

Dima P. wrote:Fair, in other hand if you are using Veeam B&R repository as a target destination you get global email notification as a part of this integration. Thanks.

We're currently using Veeam B&R with VEB and do indeed get email notifications, however I don't see any way to configure granular email settings for each endpoint job. With other B&R jobs it's possible to configure special notification settings outside the global settings, but that doesn't seem to be possible with Endpoint backups. Basically we're forced to rely on the global notification settings for VEB jobs, which is unfortunate.
Edit: at the very least it would be nice, in my case anyway, to have separate notification settings for endpoint jobs in general. It wouldn't need to be configurable for each and every endpoint job.
KevinM
Novice

Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Kevin Mauldin

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:15 pm

however I don't see any way to configure granular email settings for each endpoint job.

That’s true - VEB job is not like a regular backup job in VBR since it’s managed by the VEB itself, so global notification is the only possible solution right now. There is a workaround but that involves custom scripting at the VEB's end.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby ben.nakagawa » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:23 pm

I'm came from Acrons TrueImage backup. I still use it for main desktop PC because of few neat features that I like and this is ( email notification) is one of them.
With my work laptop and tablet I use Endpoint Desktop and I quite like the simplicity.

+1000 for this feature request.

In case of the True Image notification email;
It reports when it started how it goes ( Just like the restore point detail page show progress and duration whcih is only the final result) and subject line sage whcih backup was successful or failed.,

As I schedule TrueImage on weekly basis at Saturday night when I just keep PC on that day and automatically send me email and showdown when done after email whcih is very handy.

Thanks
ben.nakagawa
Influencer

Full Name: Ben Nakagawa

Veeam Logoby JudgeFudge » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:27 am

Hi Ben, I don't want to clap on my own shoulders but this will work

https://forums.veeam.com/veeam-endpoint-backup-f33/here-it-is-powershell-script-to-add-veb-emails-t27569-75.html#p178957

You have a detailed information about installation and Screenshots a few posts earlier.
JudgeFudge
Influencer

Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Chris

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:55 pm

Guys,

The most requested feature is now available, the only thing you need to do is upgrade to the newly released VEB 1.5 :wink:
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby cjezell » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:32 am

Soooooooooooo close. Seriously, you can only email yourself??!?!?!?!?!? That's just being petty Veeam. It CAN'T be THAT difficult to create an additional "To:' field. Restricting the email notifications to only send to yourself it worthless in an SMB environment. :(
cjezell
Lurker

Full Name: C.J. Ezell

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:54 am

Hi cjezell,

Can you elaborate on how you want to configure the email reporting in your environment please?
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby cjezell » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:43 am

Sure thing. It would be great to have the ability to specify where the emails go, instead of them just defaulting to the account whose credentials you put in. Also, it would be nice to be able to specify successful backup emails to one address, and failures to another. We have successful backup notifications go to an email address that creates and then immediately closes a ticket in our RMM system. This way, we have a record of the successful backup notification. Failures go to our regular support queue and a ticket gets created for us to work. We use a simple IMAP account to send out the notifications from the software, but that account never gets checked for incoming email, because it should never actually receive any emails, it's only used for outbound smtp to our ticketing system.

I have attached a couple of examples of how a competing product handles email notifications. I hope this helps.

cjezell
Lurker

Full Name: C.J. Ezell

PreviousNext

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows