Feature Request - Email Report on Success or Fail

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Re: Feature Request - Email Report on Success or Fail

Veeam Logoby chrisysebert » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:19 pm

E-mail notifications would be hugely appreciated. I use CheckCentral to handle all of our backup notifications, and getting Veeam Endpoint backup integrated in our dashboard would be fantastic.
chrisysebert
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Chris Ysebert

Veeam Logoby beofsich » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:35 pm

+1 vote for email notification!
beofsich
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Martin Beofsich

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:24 pm

Gostev
Veeam Software

Liked: 2361 times

Veeam Logoby patrickl78 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:20 pm

Gostev,

Will this be part of the production release? I don't see it in the RC version I installed.

Thanks,
Patrick
patrickl78
Enthusiast

Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Patrick Leonard

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:07 pm

You should not be seeing anything in UI. Are you getting other B&R email reports?
Gostev
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby patrickl78 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:12 am

I haven't tried it integrated in B&R because I can't load the hotfix on any of my production Veeam servers. I do get B&R email reports without issue on all my other consoles. I'll load patch 2 on a test system tomorrow to test out the functionality.

Thanks,
Patrick
patrickl78
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:47 am

Hello Patrick,
I'll load patch 2 on a test system tomorrow to test out the functionality

Please, make sure you are using a non-production server for testing, since it is RC and we do not plan to provide the RTM update.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 449 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby patrickl78 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:21 pm 1 person likes this post

Can you please provide me the version of the patch that I can load on my production system? I always test mine before deploying to any clients. I have more but here are 3 cases where the patch may apply to Version 8 of Veeam. The most prominent issues I've seen are truncating of logs for Exchange where Exchange isn't even installed on the VM and has never been. We also see significant delays in the replication process along with Freeze errors.

Case #'s

Thanks,
Patrick
patrickl78
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:35 pm

Patrick, we are expecting production version of Patch #2 to be ready in a few weeks from now.

We are providing the pre-release code of Patch #2 solely for people to test VEB integration functionality.
Actual B&R code is incomplete and untested, so there is simply no point of "testing" it on your end at this time.
Gostev
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby patrickl78 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:23 am

Sorry I thought it was ready for testing. I'll wait until it's released and in the meantime I'll setup a test v8 console with the patch.

Thanks,
Patrick
patrickl78
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby Brad.Morris » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:44 pm

patrickl78 wrote:Can you please provide me the version of the patch that I can load on my production system? I always test mine before deploying to any clients. I have more but here are 3 cases where the patch may apply to Version 8 of Veeam. The most prominent issues I've seen are truncating of logs for Exchange where Exchange isn't even installed on the VM and has never been. We also see significant delays in the replication process along with Freeze errors.

Case #'s

Thanks,
Patrick

I am seeing similar issues as Patrick. Waiting big time for the patch.
Brad.Morris
Enthusiast

Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Brad Morris

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:51 pm

Please check with support as well, as they might have hot fixes available for these issues.
Gostev
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby patrickl78 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:09 am

Gostev,

Honestly support has been a mixed bag for us lately. I'll just wait until you guys have Patch 2 released to test. We've had great success with support in the past but here lately it just seems that it's hit or miss. I have to imagine that is due to growth and you guys hiring a lot of new support guys right? I'm hoping it stabilizes and we get back to the support levels we were used to. I'm not sure if others have had this same experience or if we've just been a little unlucky on support.

On a side note a feature request:

I have several NOC personnel at my company. At one point they were all using my Veeam account to submit support calls. As we grew that got out of hand quickly. I now have several engineers registered with their own accounts linked to my company. The issue I have is that I have no visibility into tickets that they put into the Veeam support system. It would be awesome if you guys could add that capability so I can see/review/respond to tickets they have open as a master admin.

Thanks,
Patrick
patrickl78
Enthusiast

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:43 pm

patrickl78 wrote:We've had great success with support in the past but here lately it just seems that it's hit or miss. I have to imagine that is due to growth and you guys hiring a lot of new support guys right?

Hi, Patrick. Actually, we've been growing our support team pretty linearly for the past 8 years, so this growth is not something new to us that just started lately.

Perhaps you've just been somewhat unlucky with the support cases lately, because overall customer satisfaction ratio with support (according to the survey we send automatically after each support case is closed) has been continuously growing for the past years, keeps growing now and is currently in high 90s.

Don't know if you are using this capability at all, but remember you can always escalate the support case to support management right from the Customer Support Portal, if you are unhappy how particular engineer handles your case.

I will forward your request on Support Portal to our support management.

Thanks!
Gostev
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby patrickl78 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:08 pm 2 people like this post

Gostev,

Thanks yes I had a feeling it was just a little bad luck. Overall our support levels have been great so I really can't complain. We moved to Veeam a little over a year ago and I couldn't be happier with the switch. Even on a bad support day it's still light years better than the other guys out there. :)

Thanks,
Patrick
patrickl78
Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows