Feature request - email sender address

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Feature request - email sender address

Veeam Logoby WIFI » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:15 am

Hello,

I'm using Veeam Endpoint Protection Version 1.5.0.306.
I configured the email notification but I didn't find a way to define the sender address - only the recipient address.

Is there a reason why there is no form for the sender address?

Thanks
Lukas
WIFI
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Lukas Bruckmueller

Re: Feature request - email sender address

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:33 am

Hi Lukas,

Email notification was designed for an end user on a first place, with a thought that end-user has only one email address that’s going to be used both for sending and receiving email. Can you please describe why you want to use separate email addresses? Thank you.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 454 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby bc2011 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:22 am

I'm having same feature request, using VEB at client that also got Veeam B&R. We need to send reports from VEB to multiple addresses, so we entered distribution list as recipient. Sender needs to be different. br, Matjaž
bc2011
Service Provider

Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Matjaž Antloga

Veeam Logoby lxk3il » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:16 am

bc2011 wrote:I'm having same feature request, using VEB at client that also got Veeam B&R. We need to send reports from VEB to multiple addresses, so we entered distribution list as recipient. Sender needs to be different. br, Matjaž

+1
lxk3il
Veeam ProPartner

Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Lukas

[MERGED] different sender and receiver in email notification

Veeam Logoby mircmm » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:27 am

Hi !

The option to send email notifications in 1.5 was somethning I really missed.
But why is the same email address used as sender and as receiver ?

Please allow option to enter receiver email address (or even better: allow 3 receivers) separately and
to enter the sender account (email, account id, password, SMPT server settings, ...) separately.
Excuse me, if this was already requested on the forum, I searched for it but did not find it.

VEB is a great product, this would make it even better :)

Regards, Miro
mircmm
Lurker

Full Name: Miro Maher

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:20 pm 1 person likes this post

Hi Miro,

Why not to use a distribution list instead? By the way, if you are using Veeam Backup and Replication repository as a target you can use global email notification option there.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby WorkingHardInIt » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:23 pm

+1 on a <> sender & recipient address. For the different senders, inernally for server backups we'd love to have that option. In regards to multiple recipients, do note that distribution lists are not Always avaialable /feasible. So yes, allow that, it's a small change.
WorkingHardInIt
Veeam Vanguard

Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Didier Van Hoye

Veeam Logoby agrob » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:28 pm

+1 , would be great if we can define a adress for Sender and for recipients. why? i have multiple Servers backing up to a nas share. it would be much easier if i coud define a separate sender address for each server (server1@domain.local, server2@domain.local).
agrob
Enthusiast

Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Andre

Veeam Logoby tmccullough » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:07 pm

Agreed this is needed. We use an email to ticket system, so this means that every client we have using VEP, we're getting tickets opened with our own customer account in our ticket system versus generating a ticket from the client company. This causes a lot of manual flipping of tickets as we always have to change the company name. Huge pain point.
tmccullough
Lurker

Full Name: Todd McCullough

Veeam Logoby netmation » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:12 pm 1 person likes this post

I agree the "Configure and Test Email Notifications" screen needs to be re-done.

The email address entered in Email Settings is the login email to the server. Thus the UserID or email you enter in the SMTP Server Settings is redundant. IMO the Email Settings section should allow for destination email addresses to be entered, possibly several address separated by commas, and take out the password field in Email Settings.

Then put all the Configuration Settings in SMTP Server Settings section, where it should be, including email server name, password, and authentication requirements.
netmation
Lurker

Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Albert

Veeam Logoby ziploop » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:28 am

Is there anything planed to change the Sender Adress in the next release ? Emails with same Sender & Recipient often marked as Spam.

Please change this
ziploop
Lurker

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 pm

Hi ziploop,

It's possible to have different from and to email address if email notifications feature is configured via Configuration API.

In VAW 2.0 beta you need you need to export configuration, manually type in email address and export config back. Check this post.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows