Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
NitaiS
Novice
Liked: never

Feature Request - Quick View on Job Configuration

Post by NitaiS »

Hi,

I would like to see a quick view on the job that I configure without accessing "configure backup", something like the Summery page but on the "Status" window.
Or a line in the "Status" tab of when is the next job (somthing like you have in Veeam ackup & Replication).
It need to be more informative in a quick view. that's how I see it anyway =)

Thanks,
Nitai
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request - Quick View on Job Configuration

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Nitai,
You could click the existing session (column) in the chart to get more details of the past backup or provided information is not exactly what you need?
NitaiS
Novice
Liked: never

Post by NitaiS »

No.
What that is on the chart is history or real time information.
What I meant is to see when is the next job going to start, what is backing up and to where (maybe estimated time to backup).
In other words, the future information.
If I change the configuration since the last job it won't help me to look in the chart because it may be different configuration.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Thank you – now I see. Since, its end user backup I guess the source of the backup is a little bit static – you set up backup job once and maybe change source a couple of times but not every day? Next backup time should be displayed in the tray icon tool tip
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi NitaiS,

I understand what you want. Here is a use-case. My parents / friend / fill in whatever you want have an issue with their pc. I go have a look at it, and decide it is restore time. Quickly see what the settings are, where the backups are stored and so on can be very handy at that time. Or, because endpoint can become quickly a fire and forget solution, I would want to review what the settings are.

As a workaround, I now quickly run through the wizard and cancel at the last step so I can see what my settings are. Does that help for now?

Mike
yasuda
Enthusiast
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Peter Yasuda

Post by yasuda »

I would like this also