I have a little discussion this afternoon with Dmitry, he said that currently there's no ETA for this feature but it will be included first in the next release of Veeam Endpoint.
So I find a quick workaround on a Windows 8.1 computer (I think it works on every version of Windows since the shrink option is included in the disk management console) to shrink a huge amount of free space from my large partition to be able to restore it on a smaller drive, here the steps:
- First you need to turn off hibernation on the computer, run a prompt command as administrator, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off then press Enter.
- Then disable the pagefile, select no paging file and reboot.
- After the reboot turn off system protection for the C:\ drive and reboot again.
- Go to the disk management console and you'll be able to shrink a huge amount of free space on the drive (much more than if you don't follow the 3 first steps).
- After the shrink, turn on system protection and enable the pagefile again.
- Launch a new standalone full backup... and you know the next steps.
Hope this helps.