Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
cstemaly
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times

Feature Request - Save Points Options

Post by cstemaly »

It would be very handy for you to be able to save X restore points measured not only in days, but in backup iterations. This would allow for more flexibility and make running on-demand backups much more feasible.

I'm a user who would hook a laptop up to a USB drive (for one example) and perform a manual backup when I felt I needed one.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request - Save Points Options

Post by Dima P. »

Once the GA is out it will have a really cool USB rotation feature, I guess that’s the one you are looking for.
justingoldberg
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Justin Goldberg

Post by justingoldberg »

Dima P. wrote:Once the GA is out it will have a really cool USB rotation feature, I guess that’s the one you are looking for.
I am curious, if there haven't been any backups in seven days from being powered off, and it's saving six restore days, then does it delete all of them on the next backup? I assuming that it won't do so, since endpoints aren't on and connected 24/7. It would violate the design principle of an endpoint backup program.
--
JaxIsland7575
Veteran
Liked: 107 times
Full Name: Ryan Jacksland

Post by JaxIsland7575 » 1 person likes this post

It will not delete based on calendar days but rather how many backups are in the chain. Here is the explanation http://helpcenter.veeam.com/endpoint/10/retention.html

If you have 6 set as the retention it will keep 6 no matter how many calendar days are in between the backup jobs.

Hope that helps!
VMCE v9
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Jax is correct. By the way, speaking of the USB rotation - each rotated device will have its own backup chain and its own retention counter :wink: