Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
dimitar.stoyanov
Certified Trainer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Dimitar Stoyanov

Feature Request - "Self-service"

Post by dimitar.stoyanov »

Hi guys,

First of all - Good Job! Keep doing what you doing! :P

so...

I am 99% sure that this feature is missing, but if it is not, please excuse me :)

Here is some scenario (it is fictional) ... :)
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Veeam Endpoint Backup.
- Various machines part of some domain.
- A lot of users using their accounts to login to all of the machines in some part of the job process (a lot of information placed on all of the machines).
- Stored backups for each and every machines on a Repository.

I think it will be useful if users are able to login to Enterprise Manager self-service portal, but instead to grant them access (previously) to specific backups and operations, Veeam to make a check, what access user have – to which files and folders found in backups created from Endpoint Backup, have some permissions.
After that to give the user options to restore these files to which user have access.
This scenario will be useful also for Backup and Replication (without Endpoint backup), but then we talk about for Servers backups and the most applicable situation will be if the server is File server. But still you can use this also for B&R feature request. :wink:

Best Regards,
Dimitar
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Feature Request - "Self-service"

Post by Mike Resseler »

Dimitar,

This is certainly a valid scenario for an enterprise solution with centralized management and who knows we will ever built this... But today we are delivering a standalone solution where these scenario's don't fit. If we ever plan for an enterprise solution, we will certainly place this on our radar

thanks

Mike
dimitar.stoyanov
Certified Trainer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Dimitar Stoyanov

Post by dimitar.stoyanov »

Hi Mike,

I am sure that a lot of the functionalities that we are using now in Veeam, they had ever been just an ideas ;)
And in the end, the point here is to give you a lots of ideas, to improve the product and to make our life easier :)

Thanks

Regards,
Dimitar
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Don't worry... I like all of these ideas... Keep em coming ;-). Just want to set expectations... :-)
M.