Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
KevinW
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Kevin Wilcox

Re: Feature request - shutdown/lock/sleep when completed

Post by KevinW » 1 person likes this post

Hi Dima,

Sorry for the late response, I'd still like this feature if at all possible. As Gostev points out, the daily scheduled backup isn't quite the same thing. A backup then shutdown option (to me at least) seems more analogous to how most home users use their machines.

It may seem a trivial thing but as a home user myself, I rarely leave a machine powered on past the point that I have finished using it so to me a scheduled backup just doesn't work, this means my only option is to initiate a backup, then wait for its completion and then shut the machine down manually afterwards. I'd like the option so that I can just walk away from the machine and be confident that it will be powered off after a backup attempt (it doesn't have to be successful).

Having this simple one-click process to backup and shutdown machines gives more confidence to end users who don't have much technical ability.

I know there are lot of technical professionals on here (like myself) posting ideas which have been included and I have found extremely useful, but as you would expect, they seem more geared toward an enterprise environment. I'd just like to get this one thing in for the people at home if at all possible :).

It would be great to see this installed on more home desktops...

Cheers Kev
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Kev,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts - it’s highly appreciated!
I'd just like to get this one thing in for the people at home if at all possible :).
Your vote counted. Though, I can’t promise anything, I’ll do my best to push this request further.
KevinW
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Kevin Wilcox

Post by KevinW »

Thanks! it is much appreciated!

Cheers

Kev