Feature Request - Multiple Jobs

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Feature Request: Multi destination backup

Veeam Logoby jlmedinan » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:23 pm

An interesting option is to allow multi destination backup in the way the user can define an extra location for the backup. p. e... Backup to central repository each 12 hours (difined by administrator) AND backup to local USB when the disk is connected or every x time or when users likes to do that...
jlmedinan
Novice

Liked: never
Full Name: José Luis Medina

Re: Feature Request - Multiple Jobs

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:52 pm

Hello Craig,
Thank you for the feedback! We’ve already added this request to the list but thank you for pushing it :wink:
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 483 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby emitchell » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:35 pm

Nice product been using the beta for the past week on several systems and easy to work with, easy file exclusions. Accessing local USB and NAS OK.
Scheduling option would be good.
Ability to have this run during normal business hours. No need to run during off hours or weekends when system is idle.

During business hours, audit and backup changed files hourly.
emitchell
Lurker

Full Name: Edward Mitchell

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:59 am

Edward,

Thanks for your feedback and the scenario you described. We will take this feedback with us for further versions and discuss.

Cheers

Mike
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 390 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Feature Request - Multiple backup jobs

Veeam Logoby NashBrydges » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:12 pm

Hi All,

In keeping with the widely agreed upon standard of maintaining the proper level of backups, I'd like to see the ability to create multiple jobs, and jobs that can run AFTER completion of precedent job (dependant or child jobs). This would allow me to retain the standard 3-2-1 backups. Of course this assumes that I'll have the ability to backup directly to a cloud account so this feature is also requested here.
NashBrydges
Enthusiast

Liked: 1 time

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:50 am

Hi. For 3-2-1, we will (right in v1) support Backup Copy of endpoint backups when your primary backup target is a Veeam backup repository. Backup Copy jobs support "chaining" with the primary backup jobs natively so to speak, this is just how they work. Thanks!
Gostev
Veeam Software

Liked: 2433 times

Veeam Logoby NashBrydges » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:25 pm

Great! Thanks.
NashBrydges
Enthusiast

Liked: 1 time

[MERGED] Feature Request - Combinated backup mode

Veeam Logoby dvarga » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:49 am

Dear Team,

It would be very good if the backup can be combinated.
Example scenario>

I have a computer with two partitions C:, and D:
I set default savings to the D: drive, however my user would be tricky, and using the C: drive also for example saving docs, and pst files.

Would it be possible with the combinated backup that i will save the complete drive D:, AND saving the *.doc, *.pst files only from drive C:.

This would be really great.

Thanks,

Domokos
dvarga
Novice

Full Name: Dvarga

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:59 am

What if you choose a file-level backup mode and just exclude folders you do not need on the drive C? Will that work for you?
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1160 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby dvarga » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:10 pm

The issue is, that my users just figuring out more and more hidden places to their important docs. Desktop, mydocument, going below, upper, etc...
Therefore this could save space not to backup the whole partition, but scan for all the docs, etc what can be saved in these hidden places.

D.
dvarga
Novice

Full Name: Dvarga

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:19 pm

Seems like you need to use this option, but for volumes as well?
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:28 am

Craig,

I understand your concern, but try to organize it like this:

Choose C and D as volume backups, and E as file level ("hybrid solution"). Then schedule it on a 2 hours backup or however you want it. Because we are incremental forever, you only protect the block-level changes, and this will be 95% your digital image files (I know this one very well ;-)). The little overhead of having the two other volumes also every 2 hours is extremely low, and since we use a method to keep the backup in background mode, you won't even notice the backup even if you are doing some heavy-lifting editing and rendering that takes all of your resources.

Now of course... Don't believe me on my word :-D, try it out and you will see ;-)

Cheers

Mike
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 390 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

[MERGED] New feature: Multiple destination

Veeam Logoby jlmedinan » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:07 am

The ability of specify multiple destination allow to make copy to file server and a copy in a USB device for the user.
jlmedinan
Novice

Full Name: José Luis Medina

Veeam Logoby FabioMuzzi » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:36 pm

I have an use case where I would like to have 2 different jobs:

- one job runs a backup of C: to a NAS

- another job runs a backup of D: to an external USB drive.

This is because files in C: are work-related, and I want them on a NAS at the office, while files on D: are private, and the user wants a backup of these files, too. But since D is a 2 TB disk full of data, I don't want this enormous backup to be stored on the NAS.

I could let the user run a complete (C+D) backup on his USB external hard drive, but I am quite sure that he will forget to run backup for weeks, and the suffer a data loss and discover that the newset backup is 3 months old.

This is why I would like to be able to set up multiple jobs with different sources and different destinations.
FabioMuzzi
Lurker

Full Name: Fabio Muzzi

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:00 pm

FabioMuzzi wrote:I could let the user run a complete (C+D) backup on his USB external hard drive, but I am quite sure that he will forget to run backup for weeks,

I guess this can be resolved by introducing a read-only UI access or restricting access to some job config settings. Thanks for sharing your use case, much appreciated.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

PreviousNext

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows