Feature Request - Multiple Jobs

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Re: Feature Request - Multiple Jobs

Veeam Logoby pleibling » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:24 am

I'm sorry - this means "Thanks a lot" (was iPad Autocorrection).

One strange Idea:

I create my Job to Backup to S:\Veeam_Backup, the Catalog and the Files are on this Place.

What if this is an iSCSI Backup Target, maybe Monday to Saturday is S: connected to Server 192.168.250.x (Remote Network) and on Sunday is it connected to my Server 192.168.50.x (an closed local Network).

VEB takes every Backup a look in the Catalog and calculate which files are needed, based on the Catalog in the specific Backup Target, right? If this works, i can create Tasks, thats connect/disconnect to specific Backuptarget based on the Day (PS: connect-iscsitarget ... / disconnect iscsitarget).

Or are the information in the lokal SQL Server, and this doesn't work.

Copy the Backup Files to an other Destination are no option, cause they are very large and they in an VPN Network.
pleibling
Novice

Liked: never

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:24 am

pleibling wrote:Is it possible to create a Powershell Script for a Second Job?

Not within the VEB, but you can use any script to copy the backup file, it can be batch, PowerShell or just a robocopy script.

pleibling wrote:I create my Job to Backup to S:\Veeam_Backup, the Catalog and the Files are on this Place.

What if this is an iSCSI Backup Target, maybe Monday to Saturday is S: connected to Server 192.168.250.x (Remote Network) and on Sunday is it connected to my Server 192.168.50.x (an closed local Network).

VEB takes every Backup a look in the Catalog and calculate which files are needed, based on the Catalog in the specific Backup Target, right? If this works, i can create Tasks, thats connect/disconnect to specific Backuptarget based on the Day (PS: connect-iscsitarget ... / disconnect iscsitarget).

Might do the trick, but every time there would be a full backup (after changing the backup target).
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1160 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby tom504 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:45 pm

I'd like to give me reason for multiple jobs.

We are using Endpoint in conjunction with Enterprise and leveraging the repository with Cloud connect to do offsite backups on physical servers. I would be great to do a full image backup and a second job of targeted data saved to the repository to push offsite. We have some customers with large disks and limited bandwidth.
tom504
Lurker

Full Name: Tom Oliver

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:10 pm

Hi Tom,
a full image backup

How about creating one standalone full backup which contains entire computer backup and then set the regular scheduled backup for only critical data?
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 483 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby Jan1 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:39 am

In my opinion it is best to make a backup of your entire computer and important data regularly.
Example:
Critical data: for example, once a day
The entire computer: Once a month.

Then we avoid installing tens of updates after the recovery the entire computer. Currently I have to change the settings every time when I want to backup entire computer.

Still Feature Request.

Regards
Jan
Jan1
Influencer

Liked: 2 times

Veeam Logoby Reyter » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:28 am

I would like to have multiple jobs also, so adding my voice to this thread.
I would like to have one job that backups up the system drive on my another hard disk (volume C to D or others), and a separate job that backs up many directories on drives D, E and etc.
Reyter
Lurker

Veeam Logoby asimov » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:55 am

Hello from Nantes France
I would like to have multiple jobs also, so adding my voice to this thread. :D

Best regards
asimov
Lurker

Full Name: seb

[MERGED] backup OS files and user files differently

Veeam Logoby kopytov » Tue May 24, 2016 9:11 am

Hello!
User shared files on my server changes very often and I want to backup it by 6 hour.
OS files don't changes, and I want to backup it by 7 days.
Please, make feature, when shedule for user files and shedule for OS files can be set separately.
kopytov
Lurker

Liked: 1 time
Full Name: kopytov

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Tue May 24, 2016 9:49 am

Thanks for your feedback, as you can see this is a pretty often FR. On a side note, since OS files don't change they shouldn't take space in the backup repository with incremental backups, right?
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1160 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby Daneels » Tue May 31, 2016 8:45 am 1 person likes this post

Hi all, I was checking the forums and bumped into this. I too have high interest in the multiple jobs FR. My use case is slightly different (as can be seen in this thread.

https://forums.veeam.com/vmware-vsphere-f24/question-on-restoring-big-vrdm-volumes-t35502.html#p195667

So bottom line:
  • If your workstation/server/whatever to be protected is really big in size (like ours 27Tb) you would rather split up (divide et impera) than have all your eggs in one basket
  • It turns out that VEB (only) is capable of restoring vRDM volumes to vRDM volumes (VBR can only do it from vRDM to vmfs based volumes)
  • I wouldn't mind if you would have some kind of restore agent present (and VEB is very close actually to such a restore agent) in a VM. Using that is should be possible to restore a volume present in VBR .vbk file to a local volume. (because with VBR I can have multiple jobs and a can make backups of vRDM disks.
Daneels
Novice

Full Name: Peter De Mol

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Tue May 31, 2016 5:57 pm

Sounds reasonable, thanks Peter!
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby Daneels » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:23 am

Thx, nice to hear, well it would be nice to know if that would ever make it into an update of some kind for VEB at any point in time :-)
Daneels
Novice

Full Name: Peter De Mol

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:23 am

This request is in the list, so yes there is a possibility. Can’t give you any ETA unfortunately.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

[MERGED] Save multiple backup profiles

Veeam Logoby DenG » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:23 am

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to save more than one profiles within End point free or more exactly if I can schedule more than one backup. I thought I could find command line of veeam backup in the Microsoft scheduler but it's not the case and so, I think that this is made by the veeam service ?

thanks

Denis
DenG
Lurker

Re: Save multiple backup profiles

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:47 am

Hi Denis,

VEB supports only one backup job.
Dima P.
Veeam Software