Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
wsususer
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jürgen Möbius

Feature Request

Post by wsususer »

After Restore the first full Image backup, in the main program (Backup job control panel ) under STATUS is the "Last backup Information" - STATUS away.
The program says I've never made a backup
It would be good if the data of Veeam MSSQL database could be additionally secured and Restored automaticly, so that I can see that I've done a full backup.

Does Veeam Backup Endpoint still has the information that it has ever done a full backup?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Feature Request

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Jurgen,

I'm not sure if I understand it correctly, but let me give a try...

Is your scenario like this: You installed VEB, took 1 backup (the first one, a full) and then you restored your endpoint (BMR) with that 1 backup. Is that correct?

In that case it is normal. Let me try to explain: The moment you start your backup, we do a VSS snapshot to make sure you have a consistent backup. At that moment, the VEB program doesn't know yet of a successful backup. So when you restore the full image, you will restore it to a point *just* before the backup starts (more or less :-)).

Don't worry about your full backup, it is usable and remains usable to restore files, volumes, BMR because there is still a meta data file present.

I'm not 100 procent sure, but when you do another backup (normal one, not standalone full...) is it a new full or will VEB see the backup file and metadata file and continues from there?

When you have done one full, and 1 incremental you won't have this behavior, so it's kind of unique :-)

Waiting for your feedback

Thanks

Mike
wsususer
Influencer

Post by wsususer »

You understand it correctly.
After restoring the first full backup I have not made any new backup settings. I do another backup (normal one, not standalone full...) and VEB see the backup file and makes an INC-Backup.
In the main program (Backup job control panel ) under STATUS is the "Last backup Information" the INC.

Otherwise, I found no error in the beta. :-). I testet it with Server 2012 R2. VEB makes a good, mature impression.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Thanks Jurgen!

We appreciate this a lot (PS: My excuses for your name... I don't have that character on my keyboard :-( )

So for my complete understanding... After you have run another backup, you can after that see both? The first full and the incremental? Or only the incremental.

Thanks again

Mike
wsususer
Influencer

Post by wsususer »

In the main program (Backup job control panel ) under STATUS is the "Last backup Information" only the incremental.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Ok,

Thanks for that, I will see if it is possible to change that...

Thanks

Mike