Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
lowlander
Service Provider
Liked: 30 times

Feature Request

Post by lowlander »

Hi,

we would like to see the option in the permissions section of a Veeam B&R repository to select other domains than the domain where the B&R repository domain is installed in.

Is there currently a workaround to accomplish this ?

thanks
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Feature Request

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Lowlander,

That is a good question. Not sure about that. I think it is possible when there is a trust between the different domains but I never tested this. Can you tell me if there is a trust between them? And if so, can you browse between the different domains? I believe we use the standard domain picker.

Let me know

Mike
lowlander
Service Provider
Liked: 30 times

Post by lowlander »

Hi Mike,

we have no trust between the domains, and hence it is not possible to browse to a domain. It is also not possible when you permit access to everyone to create a backup when computer is not in the domain as the Veeam backup server. Just a local account with the credentials backup and pw **** will work, however domain security would a better I guess. Maybe an idea to introduce a single sign on framework for Veeam authentication, or even better integration of the credential manager :)

thanks
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Lowlander,

So to get it complete straight (before I sent it to some people). You would like to have the possibility to add domain users from a non-trusted domain (so something like domainB\user01) to the security of a repository that is located in domainA.

How is that user01 in domainB authenticating today against domainA?

Mike