Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
mrecob
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mark Recob

Feature Request - Tolerance for interrupted backups

Post by mrecob »

We are using Veeam Endpoint Backup Free. We recently had a laptop backing up to a network share (as well as 20 other systems without errors). We had a couple weeks of successful backups by this laptop but there were times when the laptop started a backup on wireless and then went to wired interrupting the backup. At first it recovered from these interruptions and eventually succeeded. Starting a week ago all backups from this laptop have failed with local SQL errors. I filed a support case number 02029434. Veeam support tells me that the SQL database got corrupted due to frequent backup interruptions. The only fix was to reset the database triggering another full backup. The first one took about 18 hours (large hard drive) so this was not good news to the laptop user who is tethered to his laptop.

We would like to request that the product be hardened against database corruption due to backup interruptions. A way to repair the database once it is corrupted would be a good second choice.
Thank you.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1575 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request - Tolerance for interrupted backups

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Mark,

I am sorry to hear that you faced this issue and thanks a lot for sharing your experience. We are aware of this problem and it should be corrected in upcoming version. If you are interested in Veeam Agent for Windows 2.0 public beta, do not forget to register here.
mrecob
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mark Recob

Post by mrecob »

Has the problem I discussed been addressed in the Windows 2.0 Agent Public Beta?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1575 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Yes, the described issue should be resolved in v2.