Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
bnorton
Lurker
Liked: never

Feature Request: Veeam Agent application aware backup should return Warning when databases are being excluded

Post by bnorton »

RE: Case #04292655

Server Edition of Veeam Agent, Application Aware backup, is returning status Success when many databases are being excluded because they are not healthy. The statistics log shows the database exclusion, but the status of the job returns with success. The only way to find that the databases are not being backed up is to review the statistics for every job. (Or try to restore and find your database is not there!)

Here is an example from the statistics log:
SQL AlwaysOn database IRSPSQL01\SP_Content_maxlife will be excluded because it is not healthy

I was told I would have to ask for a Feature Request.

I would like to request that if the statistics log has warnings about the backup that the job status should report Warning rather than Success.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request: Veeam Agent application aware backup should return Warning when databases are being excluded

Post by Dima P. »

Hello bnorton,

Thank you for your feedback, I'll discuss your case and issue with RnD folks. Cheers!